A Quick Guide on How to Improve Metabolism
Roughly 50% of people are looking to lose weight. Excess weight gain leads to health problems like heart function, higher blood pressure, increased mortality, stroke, or arthritis. Losing weight makes your body healthier.
But people spend so much time counting calories that they forget about a key factor in weight loss: improving metabolism. But what exactly is your metabolism and how does it work within weight loss?
If you’re looking to lose weight or just take off those last stubborn pounds, keep reading to learn more about how to improve metabolism.
What is Metabolism? Your body needs energy to function and we get that energy from food. Metabolism is your body’s way of breaking down the food you eat into energy so your body can use it. It can be a very complex chemical reaction. In metabolism, your digestive enzymes break down food and carry the substances to your cells for energy. The basal metabolic rate or BMR is a measurement used to gauge the rate at which your body burns calories. Many things contribute to the BMR, such as exercise, the amount of muscle in your body, and genetics. Not everyone has the same BMR, and as you age, your BMR decreases.
7 Ways to Improve Metabolism to Lose Weight The good news is that even with age or disappointing genes, you can improve your metabolism to work for you and help you aid in weight loss. Here are some ways you can start improving your metabolism today.
1. Exercise Because muscle burns fat, one of the best steps you can take is to start an exercise routine. Exercise not only gives you energy but it builds muscle over time that will help you burn more fat. High-intensity interval training is preferred for boosting your metabolism. HIIT workouts are fast-paced and the effects last for hours, which means your body continues to burn calories long after the end of your workout. HIIT workouts are meant to be short, spanning only 10-30 minutes.
2. ChiroThin Weight Loss Program Sometimes, even while doing all the “right” weight-loss things, you still need help. This is where the ChiroThin weight-loss program comes in. ChiroThin is a natural and healthy weight-loss supplement designed to give you the boost you need to lose weight. Not only do you take the supplement, but you meet with a doctor to check your body mass index (BMI) and assist you in your weight-loss goals safely and effectively. The program lasts 42 days and women patients lose between 15 – 25 pounds and 2.5 – 3 dress sizes on average.
3. Eat Metabolism-Boosting Foods The foods you eat can contribute to the rate of your metabolism. If you’re looking to lose weight, you want to eat foods that boost your metabolism like proteins and complex carbohydrates. These can be foods like beans, fish, eggs, seeds, and whole grains. Additionally, some research suggests spicy foods such as chilis may aid in metabolism as well. If you’re unsure if a food supports your metabolism, try referencing the ChinoThin food list.
4. Drink More Water Sugary drinks like sweetened coffees, soda, and teas, to name a few, can wreak havoc on your metabolism. The added sugar contains loads of calories and they’re easily consumable. On the contrary, drinking more water contains no calories, helps you feel full, keeps your body hydrated, and may increase your metabolism. Water rids the body of toxins and waste, keeping your metabolism working. To drink more water, get a glass that you love and refill it throughout the day.
5. Rest Sleeping and boosting your metabolism at the same time sounds too good to be true! However, a lack of sleep negatively impacts your metabolism. At night the body repairs itself from the previous day. When you don’t get enough rest, your metabolism can slow down, and there may be some research that shows lack of sleep promotes insulin resistance as well. For adults, you want to aim for 6-9 hours of sleep per night.
6. Drink Coffee and Green Tea While drinking water is recommended over any other drink, coffee and tea may impact your metabolism as well because of the caffeine content. Caffeine is a stimulant that gives your body energy and burns fat as well. You can enjoy your cup of coffee or green tea but stay away from added sugars, syrups, and other sweeteners that may add extra and unwanted calories. Also, green tea holds an impressive amount of antioxidants, which are beneficial for the health of the body as well. With green tea, not only will you get a metabolism boost, but antioxidants as well!
7. Stand Up Those who have desk jobs have a higher risk of being obese than those who work jobs where you need to move around. This is because sitting can increase obesity and other chronic health problems. Standing and moving around benefits your metabolism more than sitting. If you have to sit for work, try to move around every 40 minutes or so to give your body a break from sitting. If you can, invest in a standing desk that allows you to work, but gives you the option to work standing if you choose.
Improve Metabolism With ChinoThin Diet Losing weight is a healthy goal, and you can keep it up by boosting your metabolism with these tips and tricks. Incorporating healthier foods and drinks and exercise habits into your life will help you achieve your weight loss goals. Are you ready to get started on the path to a healthier you?